Privacy notice for community members
This is privacy notice for Policy Design Community members, not the Public Policy Design blog. For the privacy notice for the Public Policy Design blog, see GOV.UK blogging platform privacy notice.
The Policy Design Community is a community of practice for people who work in government in the UK who have an interest in policy design.
What data we collect
The personal data we collect from you will include:
- email address
The legal basis for processing this data is that it is necessary for carrying out a task in the public interest.
Why we need it
We collect personal data in order to:
- communicate with you directly about Policy Design Community issues
- share your contact information with other Policy Design Community members
We will not:
- sell or rent your data to third parties
- share your data with third parties for marketing purposes
We will share your data if we are required to do so by law – for example, by court order, or to prevent fraud or other crime.
How long we keep your data
We will retain your account and email data for as long as you continue to want to receive a service from us.
Where your data is processed and stored
Our mailing list and newletters are produced on a platform provided by Mailchimp.
You have the right to request:
- information about how your personal data is processed
- a copy of any personal data you have provided in an accessible format
- that anything inaccurate in your personal data is corrected immediately
You can also:
- raise an objection about how your personal data is processed
- request that your personal data is erased if there is no longer a justification for it
- ask that the processing of your personal data is restricted in certain circumstances.
Changes to this notice
We may modify or amend this privacy notice at our discretion at any time. When we make changes to this notice, we will amend the last modified date at the top of this page. Any modification or amendment to this privacy notice will be applied to you and your data as of that revision date.
How to contact us
Contact us if you either:
- have any questions about anything in this document
- think that your personal data has been misused or mishandled